"> Your Friendly Travel Information Resources: First-time featured in SITS
You Don't Have To ...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

First-time featured in SITS

August 17, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Posted in Asia, Group travel, Hong Kong, Women travel | 140 Comments
Tags: travel, first-time travel, Hong Kong, China, blogsherpa, adventure, escapism, Lantau, female bond, women travel, SITS

Welcome SITSahs!

It is not everyday that I travel. It is not also everyday that I get featured in SITS.

My SITSahs are those that travel with me in the intricate world of the internet, sharing passions and exchanging a sisterly pat on the back with our comments on blog posts.

I enjoyed visiting sites of SITS bloggers and leaving my thoughts or virtual pat on the back in their comments section. More and more individuals gather through SITS. It was like a crossroads of sort for those who are on their life journey – whether they are moms, sisters, career women, writers, single women, or travelers. True enough, there is something special about female connection.

*****************

In real life, traveling is one of my bonding moments with my girlfriends as we embark on various adventures that bring meaning to an emerging term of “women traveling”. Before, I was used to traveling alone, since most of my trips were for business and not for pleasure.

When I arrived from an almost yearlong assignment in Indonesia, I came to know this set of female friends who share my passion for traveling. Since then, we have been companions in discovering new destinations and exploring a different world apart from our usual daily routine.

But the most memorable of all was my trip to Hong Kong with my elder sister. It was a great bonding opportunity for us. It is but natural for sisters to always quarrel, most especially in our case, with only two years apart and both of us with a competitive streak.

Our Hong Kong trip brought a beautiful memory in our adult life not just as sisters but also as travel buddies. It was my second trip to this city. I won this trip as a raffle prize in my workplace. Although the prize was good for one, I decided to pay extra so I could bring my sister.

Since she was a huge fan of Jet Li and Chinese movies, I brought her to various temples and to Lantau Island where the Giant Buddha is found. We also spent an afternoon enjoying the Ocean Park and visited famous landmarks like Victoria Peak and the Avenue of the Stars. I did our entire itinerary and I enjoyed playing tourist guide to her.

We also had a funny experience during that trip. It was all sunny in Manila when we left and I was expecting the same weather when we get to Hong Kong. Alas, the sun never shone brightly in our four days of stay there. It was all foggy and cold. Since we brought summer clothes, my sister and I had to buy socks, rubber shoes, and jackets to ward off the chilly wind.

It was quite an adventure! Now, my sister asks me when our next trip will be. Well, I’m saving up in the hope of bringing our mom along on our next trip so we could also have a travel bonding with her, especially with our father’s recent passing away.

Having so many women friends and acquaintances, I realized that the warmth of female relationship born out of traveling is made more special if it is shared among family members as well.

My SITS day is August 18. Since I am based here in the Philippines where the sun shines earlier, I have uploaded this post earlier than my scheduled date (for some parts of the globe). Nevertheless, it is a long SITS day for me! :-)

Add to Google Tweet This Post!


View the original article here

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home